Liebster Award

6:45 PM


Hi everyone! we were tagged by the lovely Eleanor of Eleanor's Adventures to do the Liebster award so here are our answers :)

1. When did you start blogging and why? 

KatieI first started blogging when I was 12 and I first found tumblr. I started blogging because it was a fun and easy way to see things that other people created. About a month ago me and my two best friends, Anika and Sophie, decided to create a joint blog on blogspot to post about lifestyle because it was an interest we all shared and allowed us to become closer.

Sophie:  Just a couple of weeks ago! Its a great way to express myself as well as reach out to people with similar interests. I hate being bored, so its nice to always have something to do in my spare time! My two best friends, Anika and Katie, wanted to start a blog together, which is great because it brings us even closer! 

Anika:  I first started blogging when I was in middle school on tumblr, but this blogspot had been an idea for so long that we finally made the blog about a month ago! I'm so thankful for the support we've been getting. :)

2. If you could meet one person (living or dead) who would it be and what would you ask them?

Katie: I’m going to go complete teenage girl here and say Dylan O’Brien and I would ask for his hand in marriage.
 
Sophie: Jeez people always ask this kind of question and i never know what to say...probably Lisa Randall. I had the chance to talk with her at a camp i went to this summer, but i never got to! I have a feeling it would be an extremely enlightening 

dinner. (Wow this was probably the lamest answer ever, sorry guys!)

Anika: This is a really hard one, i'm torn between Robert Downey Jr. and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, they are some of my favorite actors and it would be an absolute dream to have a conversation with them. I would probably do the same as Katie and ask them to marry me :) but i would probably cry too because they are both just so beautiful.


3. One book or film that influenced your life in a major way and how? 

Katie:

Harry Potter! My mom runs a fan website for Harry Potter, so we get to work red carpet premieres and interviews of the cast of the Harry Potter movies.

Sophie: Omnivore's dilemma- some of the information i already knew, but a lot of it was extremely eye opening on how our food is made and how it affects the environment. After reading it, i go out of my way to eat more sustainably and do what i can to help the environment!


Anika: The movie Precious really influenced my life because the acting in it was so good and the story- even though it seems hard to relate too, i feel like theres a bit of Precious Jones in everyone. She had an undying desire to keep moving forward past hardships toward what she wanted. I try to keep that in mind every day.


4. If you could visit any destination in the world where would you go and what would you do there?


Katie: I think that I’d like the chance to explore New York with my friends instead of being dragged around to see the statue of liberty by my family.

Sophie:  Probably like, all of Europe. I'd go to museums  eat yummy food, take long hikes,and shop like crazy! It would be so great to meet new people and learn about a culture different than the one i grew up with.


Anika: I want to go to the Bahamas and swim in clear water all day and lie on the beach. The beach is the best :)


5. Your hopes and dreams for the next 10 years?


Katie: I’d like to be working at or own a party planning business and have published at least one novel.


Sophie: I guess i just want to go to college and learn more about what i love. I want to make new friends that I'll keep in my life for years to come, and hopefully find out more about myself. I want to read more, and worry less, eat better and study harder, and to keep in contact with family and old friends.

Anika: I want to go to college and hopefully get a career in something i actually enjoy. i want to be happy and get my life together by then :)

6. Your dream career and your nightmare job? 

Katie: Wedding and event planner would be dream career and anything involving octopuses is definitely a nightmare job.

Sophie:  I really want to be an astrophysicist. Call me a nerd, but i think space is the most beautiful, interesting thing, and I hope to learn more about how things work up there and why. My nightmare job would probably be a butcher or something. (vegetarian)

Anika: My dream career would be in the film or fashion industry, my nightmare career would be something I was forced into for a need of money or a need to please someone else. 

7. All time favourite album/ piece of music? 


Katie: I guess the Symphony Soldier album by The Cab.

Sophie: it is so hard to choose just one. One of my top albums is "get happy" by Elvis Costello. His lyrics are so clever and i just adore his voice. I also love "cherry peel" by of Montreal. This is definitely for when I'm in happier moods, and i think it's adorable and very quaint. When I'm feeling blue, i adore Joni Mitchell's "blue".Not only is she Canadian (represent!) but her voice is almost haunting and her lyrics capture feeling so well. 

Anika: My favorite album would probably be Kanye West's Graduation, That album bring back lots of memories and always matches my mood. And my favorite song is probably Shallow by Beach fossils. 

8. Who/ what is your biggest creative influence? 

Katie: my writing it varies from piece to piece, but the color gray actually really inspires me in my poetry, which I know sounds really weird but I don’t really know any other way to describe it. In short stories and novels, almost anything can inspire a plot.

Sophie:Phillip Glass! Whenever i sit down to paint, i play some Phillip Glass and let my mind wander! 

Anika: The seasons! the seasons inspire my mood, what I eat and drink and how I dress right down to how I think. 

9. Your all time favourite piece of clothing? 

Katie: Probably my plain black skirt. I know that sounds pretty boring, but I can wear it with almost any top and it’s the perfect length and super comfy plus super cute.

Sophie: Probably my Dooney and Burke bag. It goes with everything since it has black and brown tones, and it looks small, but fits everything i could ever need, plus it's super sturdy! 

Anika:  My trusted flannel. throw on a flannel over any outfit and it looks instantly grungy and laid back, also tie it around your waist to give such a chill vibe to an outfit :) 

10. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life what would you choose?

Katie: Mac and cheese! The best part is that I’m not limited to one type of mac and cheese. Personally I think that Red Robin and Panera have the best mac and cheese!

Sophie: Probably salad with avocado, tomato, and olive oil with lemon and pepper. It's fresh and easy to make plus it makes me feel good and energized for the rest of the day! 

Anika: I have to agree with Katie here because mac and cheese is literally the best thing ever. 

We tag the following:
http://alohakatherine.blogspot.com/
http://www.whatshebuys.co.uk
/http://muccycloud.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.kimvalledor.blogspot.com/
http://www.fitfabfunmom.com/
http://themodelcachet.blogspot.com/
http://www.eatlovemerry.com/
http://www.fashionatic.be/
http://p-and-p-style.blogspot.com/
http://www.99outfits.blogspot.mx/

Here's the rules: 
You must link back to the person who tagged you
You must answer all the questions above
You must come up with 10 other questions of your own
You must Tag 10 other bloggers with under 200 followers 

Our Questions: 
1. Who is your style inspiration?
2. If you were a drink, what drink would you be and why?
3. What is a movie you have seen a million times, but still love and why? 
4. What is your favorite type of shoe? why?
5. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child (think elementary school) 
6. What do you like to do to unwind and relax?
7. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
8. film or digital images? why?
9. What is a quote you live by, a saying, a rhyme, or a song, just something that gets you through your day. 
10. If you could have coffee with an influential person, living or dead, who would you pick and what would you talk about? 

XX thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. hello lovelies, so happy you nominated me :)
    just a question: am i supposed to answer the same questions you answered
    or should i answer the questions you made?

    xx
    http://www.kimvalledor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for filling it in! It's great to get 3 completely different answers to my questions x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete