Summer Highlights 2014

7:39 PM




 Hi everyone! I had such a packed summer this year, but boy, was it fun!


 
                                                           I started it out going to a camp called "Adventures of the Mind" at Occidental College. I met lots of great people, and woke up to watch the sunrise almost every day! It was breathtaking.                      

Then I was off to Stanford University to take a summer course on Environmental and Earth Science. I know, I know, It doesn't sound like much fun, but it was! I met so many people from all over the world and went on so many interesting field trips! 


 Our first field trip was to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium! We also went to several farms, not only learning about how we can farm sustainably to conserve land and make the world a cleaner place, but picking and eating delicious fresh fruit and vegetables!  


 When I finally got back, I went to a concert with my friend, Ivy! We saw tons of bands, including Best Coast, The Dum Dum Girls, and The Muffs. It got a little crazy, but it was a blast.
 I also had some time to myself, which I spent lounging by the pool with my pup, Milo! 


Last, but definitely not least, I went camping with Anika! Even though it was a family event, we still had tons of fun just hanging out with eachother. We also went to the farmer's market a few times and had a few sleep overs. I'm so glad I've been spending more time with Katie and Anika this summer since I don't get much free time during the school year! They're the best friend a gal could ask for. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments